If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thrift store finds and a hello from a sweet puppy

First, our sweet dog Theo wants to tell you all hello....can't you just tell he is a sweety by looking at him?

Now, on to the thrift store finds. Since I had already spent my morning repairman sitting, I spent the afternoon thrifting.

big pile of goodies - I'll break it down below

a cute puppy and shirt for grandson Gavin, 2 pears and a a pear stamp - I had so much fun using that rose stamp on the pantry wall, I know this pear will be fun to stamp somewhere
2 books and a pretty old plate, all 25 cents each

vintage patterns - just 10 cents each

a really long piece of shamrock fabric and 3 packs of vintage trim
I just unfolded that shamrock fabric, long is right! There are 22 yards and it was just $4

the little bluebirds are salt and pepper shakers.
I am pretty sure this fat blue bird will end up in Elizabeth's nursery!

10 comments:

  1. Awww..yes, that dog is a sweetie! :)

    That fat bluebird is gonna look adorable in the baby's room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual GREAT finds. I rarely get to our Goodwill store. Has about the same hours as I work and Saturday is normally busy there but I don't ever see patterns at it. I LOVE THE BLUEBIRD SHAKERS!!!! I collect eastern bluebird items.
    Dog is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theo is adorable!!!! :)
    And I love that shamrock pattern. Vintage anything is wonderful, and that is really exceptional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 yards of shamrock fabric -- what a bonanza! Looks like you can have all kinds of fun with that. I'm so curious about what that book is underneath the one showing. Is it some type of compilation of mothering essays? Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Theo looks so gentle and sweet!

    Great thrifty finds! LOL I have a piece of that shamrock fabric. Mine is much smaller than 22 yards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theo looks like he is on to something.....maybe a sandwich on the counter?
    I love your green shamrock fabric. Do you have any plans for it?

    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Theo,
    You do look so cute. How you been eating anything good? Are you as ready for spring as I am? Wish we could play together. Tell your mommy my mommy snail mailed her a letter today.
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Miss Candi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theo is a cutie! Love to see thrifting finds! Yes, the fat blue bird will be perfect in Elizabeth's nursery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bluebirds and they will be perfect in Elizabeth's nursery! I loved catching up on your posts - what cute tops you made for Nina and I really like the bedskirt! Nina did a great job on the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the queen of yard sales and thrift shops. I love the vintage patterns and the trim and fabric was a real bargain. What are you planning for them? That is a lot of fabric.

    What a thrill to see you are going to have a little granddaughter soon. A big congratulations to you and Nina!

    I am sorry I have not been around. I am still have problems with my health and have to choose what I put my time into so my computer time has had to give. But I do love keeping in touch!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐