If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Family is comin'

family will be coming tomorrow and some will stay a day, some a week or so, and one will stay all summer. They all like to eat, and so do Jeff and I, so I spent part of today baking cookies.

4 kinds
Betsy's Coconut Cookies -
Washboard Cookies from an old Taste of Home magazine
Soft Oatmeal Cookies and No Roll Sugar Cookies
Nina needed a sugar cookie pizza crust for a party this evening, so since I was already baking, I made her recipe into one.

I put most all the cookies into the freezer except the big can of oatmeal ones. There are also some freezer biscuits and banana bread in there so we should not need any other sweets for awhile. You can also see some homemade spaghetti sauce and chicken broth.
If you're wondering about this small freezer space, it is small. We have 2 refrigerators, one is a regular size one and we have a smaller, apartment size one and you see the freezer part of that smaller fridge. I can get a lot in these 2 freezer spaces. We don't really have a convenient spot in our house for a deep freezer but I don't mind. If I just stack everything neatly, there is room for plenty of frozen food.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! They all look delish! Our family likes to gather and eat, too! Don't you just love seeing food stored away like that? When I have my pantry or freezer stocked like that I have a nice, organized, prepared feeling that just can't be beat! The family will certainly enjoy your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly cooked up a storm. I have found out a big freezer can be a waste, being that everything on the bottom gets forgotten about......enjoy your family.....

    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those goodies look absolutely delicious! I don't think I've seen more perfect looking cookies! You look like you are an excellent baker, Rhonda.

    You are very organized too and you did great with storing all your treats.

    Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐