If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A little baking

I baked 2 loaves of quick bread this evening.  The first one is banana bread - I used  a recipe from my friend Elizabeth.  It is a pretty basic recipe that calls for a teaspoon of cinnamon - the cinnamon with the banana and pecans is a very nice combination. 

The second is a very nice bread that calls for no oil or shortening.  So if you are watching your fat intake, or if you are short on butter and can't go shopping right now, this might be a recipe that works for you too. 


Nut Bread

1 egg

1/3 Cup sugar

1 Cup Milk

2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 Cup chopped walnuts ( pecans are good too)

Preheat the oven the 350 degrees.

Beat the egg and sugar together with a whisk. Whisk in the milk. With a spoon or spatula, mix in the dry ingredients. Add nuts.

Pour into a very well greased 8x4 bread pan.

Bake about 35-45 minutes or until it tests done.

Serve warm with a little butter. Jeff likes it toasted.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Looks wonderful I baked cinnamon rolls. Miss Candi and Dave has been enjoying them. :)
    How are you doing?
    Chat with you soon.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good and thank you for the recipe for the nut bread! Not much baking here until the weather cools off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum...I'm with Jeff..I love sweet bread toasted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐