If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sewing for Baby Elizabeth

Above are 3 little outfits for Elizabeth.  2 pair of the pants are made from flannel scraps, the last pair started out as a pair of sleep pants that were too small for Nina.  
 Little baby pants sew up very quickly and use very little fabric.
The tops are just a pack of $6 onesies.  I decorated all 3 with rick rack, and used some of the pants scraps on 2 of them. 

Of course Elizabeth needed some Thanksgiving outfits.
I decorated this little onesie with a turkey made from some fall themed fabric scraps.  I sort of copied a design from another blog, then used HeatNBond to iron the pieces to the shirt, then machine stitched around them for a little more stability. 

Nina did this shirt.  She used brown Rit dye to change the white onesie.  She made the slice of pie from my scraps.  The "cutie pie" embroidery was done by some home-ec students practicing with a sewing machine that does monograming. 

9 comments:

  1. So fun! I love sewing for little ones. I made my niece a Christmas dress which I'll be posting about tomorrow.

    Elizabeth is a cutie pie and love that little shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very cute ideal! I love all the outfits you 2 made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda,
    So very cute, She growing up fast.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute!! Makes me want to make baby clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little Elizabeth is such a doll baby! And your creative clothes will only make her look cuter, if that's possible. I can see you enjoy being a grama, it really is the sweetest thing in the world, outside of time with the Lord.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little outfits are so cute! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so adorable:)

    Those outfits are so fab...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐