If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The camouflage project


the camouflage project - finished!


Can you tell what it is?
it is a formal vest like men wear with tuxedos - camouflage with black satin lapels and pockets.
Son Bobby asked me sew it for him.
If I got the story right,  Bobby and Sheena are hosting a party with a 1980's prom theme for the workers at Sheena's salon.
Bobby wanted this vest to wear for that event.

Bobby is not a hunter and is not military but he has always liked camouflage.

It is not the first camoflage I've sewn for Bobby.  

I think these camouflage shorts were the first clothes I ever sewed for Bobby.
They were made from one of his dad's unserviceable  blouses (that is USMC lingo for a  worn out  uniform shirt)

Bobby is sitting on a kitchen cabinet in our base home aboard Camp Pendleton, 1982.
The housing area is built on the side of Wire Mountain.
Because we were up high enough,  we could see the Pacific Ocean from this side of that little home and the sunsets were just so wonderful to enjoy every evening.  
another sewing project for Bobby,  in 1999, was this Hawaiian print vest  that he wore to prom.
He picked out the fabric and I sewed it.

Nobody else there was dressed the same as Bobby!


Anyway,  the vests sew up pretty fast and I think could be made by anyone with basic sewing skills.
I used a McCalls pattern for the latest one.
You might choose different fabric for yours though.


6 comments:

  1. Great Job Rhonda.
    Miss Candi wants to know how Theo is. She said to tell him to get well soon.
    XXXOOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I LoVE the Hawaiian print one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Great ideal for a theme party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...you did a great job on all three sewing projects. And isn't he just the cutest little guy and young man, too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those vests are so nice! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really nice! I love the colors blending on this fabric. He will look very spiffy for the party.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐