If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pie with Uncle Rex

This is Uncle Rex,  one of my mom's brothers.  He is 90 years old and makes the best pie.  We went to Enid OK to visit him today and we ate lunch in the cafeteria of his retirement home. 
Then after lunch,  we went to his apartment to visit and he treated us to his homemade coconut meringue pie. 

It tasted just as yummy as it looks!

After we all ate our coconut pie slices,  Uncle Rex got out a cranberry apple pie he made yesterday. 
We were all too full to have another slice of pie,  but we all tasted it anyway. 
Elizabeth liked it,  can you tell? 

See the ribbons on the wall behind my dad?
Uncle Rex won them on his pies at the last Garfield County Fair, 
the purple ribbon is for Grand Champion. 

I think I have a family full of amazing members. 

12 comments:

  1. That is so impressive!!! There is nothing like a man that cooks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is is cool that he is still making pies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks amazing!!! Bet your Uncle is a very popular fella at the retirement village, the ladies must be crazy for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. I loved everything about this...sweet old men, yummy pie, ribbon awards, and cute little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your uncle's pies look amazing! It's easy to see why he's won so many competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I am glad to see that your uncle is still so active at 90! And your mother's day portraits are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you are such a wonderful cook yourself - it runs in the family! I think I LOVE Uncle Rex!! Do you think he would adopt me as a niece so I could visit for his wonderful pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pie and your uncle so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have amazing people in your family! I have a brother who loves to make bread from scratch. I have another (grew up with 7 brothers) who makes awesome cookies. All of them are great cooks. There were only three girls in my family. We also have our specialties.
    :-)

    Love the pictures!

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda,
    Looks yummy. Elizabeth sure is growing.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow - what an amazing man!! :) glad you got to see him and taste those pies!! yum!

    thanks for your comment on my blog today - and God bless you as you too wait!
    AND I love the pic at the top of your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful that your uncle is still making pies! He must have been laughing when Elizabeth couldn't wait to get that pie in her mouth. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐