If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Clever Flip Flops and update on Theo

I thought my DIL was a genius when I saw this pair of flip flops that Gavin was wearing.
They have a strap of black elastic attached to the front part,  very simple, and Gavin can keep these on his feet much better than he could if he was just wearing regular flip flops.

But Amanda told me she did not come up with this idea,  that the shoes came with the elastic already on them.  

The elastic just goes around the heel
then lapped over for a loop and machine sewn with a very narrow zig zag.

So even though this idea is from a shoe company,  I am showing it in case anyone  has some toddler shoes that need to stay on better.

Theo is doing OK. ( he was diagnosed with Addisons about a month ago)
He does not have as much energy as he used to and has weaker muscles, especially in his back legs.
He sleeps a lot, even for a dog in the summer.
But he is happy and not in any pain.
 He watched  the grand children play in a wading pool for a little while.
Theo made sure to find the shade and you can see he was panting a little, even though it was not a very hot day.
For now,  we are thankful he is home and still having a good dog's life.


3 comments:

  1. I don't have toddlers, but you know what? This idea might work for my boys! They can't keep flip flops on their feet! It would be so nice not to have to do shoes and socks every time we left the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little girl who does not like shoes of any kind...maybe this might work :)

    Thank you for stopping by the cottage Rhonda - it is so nice to 'meet' you :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the elastic on the flip flops is a great idea! Theo looks like he is happy in the shade watching the little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐