If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, August 23, 2012

this week.......


Hello everyone
this week we are getting used to a new work schedule for Nina and a new preschool schedule for Elizabeth.  So far,  thinks are going as smoothly as possible.  

I've done a little sewing- 
hemmed a pair of khaki pants for John
hemmed some sleep shorts for Jimmy
and I made 2 more fabric keychain thingies

this long one is for Nina
I don't think she is really going to wear it around her neck but she likes them big so she can easily find it in her purse

I've been using the wrist size one with keys on it and really like how it keeps my keys handy when I am out.
The bandana print one is for Amanda
3 of my 4 grands spent the day with me Tuesday.
Braeden is 6 weeks old- isn't he such a big boy to be so young?
Elizabeth and Gavin both took turns sitting in Braeden's carseat and bounce chair
even though their heads and feet extended off the ends.
Sweet silly toddlers!  
I have a long to-do list for this morning - 
a little yardwork
a walk with Theo, our sweet dog
cleaning the floors and bathrooms
doing some laundry
making 2 desserts for the weekend (my in-laws are coming to town)

 I also hope to work on a colorful paper pennant banner to put in the baby-playroom.  

But none of that is going to get done while I sit here at this laptop.

What are you doing to today?  I hope we all get lots done!  

11 comments:

  1. Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy day planned. I can't believe how big the grandkids are getting. They are such cuties! We took a few days off together. Thought of going to an Amish area today but it is to be 96 so maybe another day. It was our 32 ann. yesterday and my 51st b'day. I spent the day running back and forth to the barn--had the pond dug out--and starting to clean (should say organize it isn't really dirty just a mess)the craft room. I love fabric and it is all over.

    Hope you accomplish all you want today and enjoy the in-laws this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy day planned. I can't believe how big the grandkids are getting. They are such cuties! We took a few days off together. Thought of going to an Amish area today but it is to be 96 so maybe another day. It was our 32 ann. yesterday and my 51st b'day. I spent the day running back and forth to the barn--had the pond dug out--and starting to clean (should say organize it isn't really dirty just a mess)the craft room. I love fabric and it is all over.

    Hope you accomplish all you want today and enjoy the in-laws this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda,
    Busy little bee. Sounds like my days. I am sewing this afternoon too. Miss Candi said tell Theo she loves to go walking.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious, sweet little ones...blessed grannie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were a busy grandma with three little ones around, what a blessing they are though. The baby is adorable.
    Today I've been burying crabapples! I told my hubby that I would clean them up, instead of throwing all of that organic goodness away, like he always does, I buried them. Hopefully it will make my soil really nice for next year.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wheee, the little ones wear me out these days, I only have the grands 2 days a week this year which is a bless. Lots of UFO sewing going on around my place and trying to stock up on meat before the price goes up. Enjoy your family over the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, those kids are so cute! :) sounds like a fun day and very productive. Have fun with the inlaws this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric keychain things are awesome, especially the pink one!
    Aren't your grandkids just buttons? I can hardly believe the baby is only 6 weeks old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a busy day! I had one yesterday so I'm going to try to have a low key one today - looks like rain and storms so no outside activities anyway. I'm going to work on the September budget and clean off my desk, do my pilates dvd, vacuum, take a hot bath and read a book I recently got. Maybe watch a movie. Make lunch and dinner of course! But that's about it for today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda ~ thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog post. I really appreciate the compliments. As for YOU...I love your sewing! That is something I can't do, so I truly admire those who are good at sewing and just "whip things up". Your fabric key chains (fobs?) are so cute - and handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wondering how you are doing? I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐