If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, September 13, 2013

Coupon and thrift store shopping this week

The bulk of our groceries are now being purchased at the new local Aldi.
They don't accept coupons and I have not used many food coupons in the last few years anyway,
But I do still save coupons and save money with them by purchasing sale health and beauty items at CVS and also on a few things at Walmart. 
CVS had their own store coupons for $3.50 on Huggies and there was a printable manufacturer coupon for $2.50 on Huggies. So, I got the Huggies, that were $9.49 minus $6 in coupons on each one. I thought I could get another discount on them with my just downloaded Ibotta app but when I do the refund, the Huggies offer was gone.  Yes, couponing is complicated. 
I saw the CVS dish soap for 2/$3 and the bottles are big, seems like a good value. 

Walmart - used a newspaper B2G1F coupon on the Mr Clean erasers.
$3 newspaper coupons on the hair color that were $4.42

Thrift store shopping - and these pictures are not great

I just did some organizing and noticed we had just a handful of baby toys. I know we used to have a lot more but maybe the older grands were hard on them or took some home or they just got lost. 
I was ver happy to buy a bedspread bag full of nice baby toys for just $3. One is a mirror to attach the headrest in front of a rear facing car seat. Another is a string of action toys that can be attached to a car seat or stroller. 


I also got a batch of little boy clothes for the 2 youngest grands- lots jeans and shirts, 2 sleepers, a cute Nike one piece suit. The thrift stores in my town sell children's things for 50 cents up to $2. Most of the ones I got today were 50 cents or $1 each,

No pictures but I also bought 5, all like new, tops for me.
 3 are button up blouses (a red one, a light blue one and a dark denim one) with 3/4 sleeves, my favorite style, all from Dress Barn. 
1 is an aqua v neck sweater from Dress Barn and the last one is a brown short sleeve pullover, Chaps brand. 

I did not spend a lot of time shopping but the deals I got were things we need and use, the time spent was more than worth it. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice deals! We are finally getting some CVS pharmacy here too. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we don't have aldis here in maine. but near family down in mass. they just opened one and we plan on visiting for non perishables on our next visit. i loved it when i lived in nj--karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have shopped at Aldi for years and love it! I usually only use coupons on non food items. There are a few food things that I buy with coupons, but not too much. I am fortunate that our Aldi has excellent produce, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great deals, especially on the baby stuff! We have an Aldi here but I rarely shop there as I try to buy organic meats and produce as much as possible. And I only buy whole grain pastas and grains. Make my own salad dressings, don't eat junk food, don't drink soda, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby stuff! I like Aldi for certain things. I usually buy one new thing to try that way I'm not out a lot of money if we don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did good Rhonda! Love the thrift store finds. Our local thrift stores aren't all that good, but sometimes I get lucky. Its a little more expensive, but I have been visiting a consignment store lately. Still no Aldi in these parts! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐