If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Freezer pockets, a shaving deal and my first CVS deal of 2014

Some of my children wanted to restock their freezers with hot pockets so I made up four batches of Calzone dough. I did the rolling and they made the fillings, filled and shaped them.
They made breakfast ones, ham and cheese ones and pizza ones- 48 in all. 
When I mixed up the dough, I used the calzone recipe for all the batches but the other pocket dough is good too. I just forgot about it.
Most all ingredients were purchased at Aldi. We did a rough estimate of the cost and decided the total cost was less than $16 to make- not bad for 48 servings of convenience food.
Calzone dough recipe on a previous post
Breakfast pockets recipe on a previous post
Have you heard of the dollar shave club? I read about it on this blog and thought it sounded like a good deal. I told my son about it and he joined. He got his first shipment really quick too. He signed up for $9 a month deal which is a nice razor with 4 extra 5 blade razors. They also sent a sample of their shave butter. He texted me later and said he compared them to his razors at home and thinks the shave club razors are almost the same as much more expensive Mach 3 razors. 
Dollar Shave has 2 other other cheaper plans. 
It seems like a great deal to us if you like the premium disposable razors, 
If you belong to Swagbucks, you can get points there if you go through that link.
CVS
I have not shopped there at all in 2014 but they have some great deals this week. This is a good week to earn Extra Care Bucks to have for future deals,
I spent $39.25 and got back $22 ECB.
The Estoven was $10 and had a $10 ECB
The Tea and Hellmans mayo were $3 each, coupons in today's paper for 50 and 60 cents and got back a $3 ECB
Suave body  wash was $2 each, coupons in today's paper were B2G1F and a $4 ECB for buying 12
Pantene was $3.50 each - I used 2 B1G1f coupons from today's paper, a $3/2 coupon and a CVS scanner coupon that was $3 off a $15 shampoo purchase.
I would of spent less out of pocket today if I had done multiple transactions and rolled one ECB to the next deal.  But I don't like to spend so much time in the store and I will use these ECBs in the next weeks to come.
Our sales tax was $4.85 :(
I always wrap any ECBs around my CVS card and secure with a paper clip so I don't lose track of them.m

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such great deals! I remember your hot pockets but have still not done those! I really want to do that. I bet Taylor and Lauren would love them in their freezer, too. I'm going to add the ingredients to my grocery list so I can actually do it!

    I've been filling my 2nd pantry with so many good deals from our scratch and dent shelf at the grocery! It's gotten to be where when T & L come over for their weekly dinner with us, that I tell them to "Go shop in the pantry!" They take home what they will use and it leaves me with room bring home more deals. Dented cans do not bother me...especially when they are discounted about 75%. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece has been shopping at Aldi's lately and raving about the savings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐