If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

2014 fall decorating

I didn't buy or make a single new thing- I just opened up the storage tub from previous years and put out the things that I still like and still look fresh. (Some stuff from the tub went in the trash)
Wreath on the front door
Dining room - oops, there are some the new things. The owl print vinyl tablecloths were purchased this month at Walmart. 

The patchwork pumpkins wall hanging was sewn by my mom. 
This is our first year to own the  hutch_we found it at our favorite thrift store this year and it was fun to decorate. 

I have a really nice Thankful banner made by Debby and will put it on the mantle when it gets closer to Thanksgiving. 

I like to have seasonal things out, I think they make a room look more cheerful. But I am just not going to do anything elaborate, I've decided everything for a holiday needs to be easy to put out and it all needs to store away in a single storage tub. 

11 comments:

  1. I love it...quality over quantity....makes so much sense!

    Your hutch is adorable..you'll love fixing that up every season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every thing looks wonderful. I am loving your new hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, and I'm sure the grandkids will love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!
    I pulled out my fall decorations this week, too. I enjoy this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good. I am waiting for the Christmas season to put things out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have come to the same decision regarding seasonal decor. Now it is more fun rather than tons of work. I love your hutch and you have it decorated so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! You always find neat things at the thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally found my last box of Fall decorations - the one with the items I really wanted out. Now to find a clean flat surface on which to display them... LOL. Your decorations look great. I love the hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. over the years I accumulated one new thing each year and don't need anything more now...it's great. Love the cheery tablecloths and the hutch is lovely all dressed for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rooms are very pretty--I do love your chimney lanterns. I collect antique ones so have a thing for them:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐