If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

More about CVS - part 2

Here are a few more ways to get the good deals at CVS.

My favorite time to shop at CVS is early Sunday morning. Their sales start on Sunday and I have always found the deals I want in stock if I go early in the sale.  I've read that the sales prices for the next week are activated in the computers on Saturday evening but the ECBs don't always print at the early sales.  

Even if the sale tags are not posted in front of the sale items, they should still scan at the ad price. 

The CVS red box scanner not only gives coupons, it also will scan items for price checks.  

If the sale items are not available, ask for rain checks.  CVS rain checks never expire. 

My CVS gets their new shipments to restock on Thursday so that is a good time to shop if I miss going at the first part of the sale cycle too.   Just ask a store worker and I think most will tell you when they usually restock.

CVS often has offers like buy $30 of something and get back $10 in ECB. 
If the offer was for $9.99 priced items and you bought 3 at $29.97, the ECB would print as CVS gives a 1% grace of the purchase price and still honors the ECB. 
If you have coupons on the deal, they count toward payment and don't subtract from what you bought as far as the ECBs part of the deal.   So if you bought $30 of the items and had $10 in coupons toward them, you would still get the ECB. 
If you just bought $20 toward the $30 deal, it will be listed at the bottom of your receipt and if you go back during the sale cycle and buy more, then you could still get the ECB.  This is called tracking.  


This is a mid week purchase I made. My husband needed this 8 hour pain reliever and I wanted to check out some sales I read about on line.  
These Nexxus products were all 75% off and I double checked them at the red box scanner to make sure. Clearance products are not supposed to earn ECBs but sometimes they do.  Some of these did track and some didn't.  The current deal now is buy $20 Nexxus and get $10 ECB.  So if I go back to CVS, I may try to buy more to get the $20 and earn an ECB. 
The Almond Joys were still on 75% off clearance for 39 cents a 6 pack and are use by dated near the end of this year. 


These are some of the CVS coupons I got this week for scanning my card.  
I will keep up with them as they could be very helpful when combined with a sale and coupons. 
For the Mitchum pictured above, they were on sale for $2.99 so I bought 4 of them and used the $2/$10 CVS coupon along with some newspaper manufacturer coupons and got the deodorants almost free. 


Whew!  I think I have covered about all the helpful CVS tips I know. Please share if you know any more. 



And I'm sorry if CVS is not your thing.  I'll be posting soon about a quilt I've started, 2 sacks full of thrift store goodies and an Aldi product we really like. 

3 comments:

  1. I just got this week's CVS ad and there's not any particularly good deals probably because of Valentine's Day. Hoping next week will be better. I'm all about learning new tricks to save money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that does all this stuff and she has closets full of virtually free stuff. Sadly, nothing's free in Croatia!!!
    BRAVO on your good deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great info again!! I've started pulling out my regular coupons to match up with those coupons that print out. You taught me I can use both which is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐