If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cooking and playing

We're having winter weather so I have been mostly at home this week.  I spent more time cooking too.

No pictures but I've baked 2 batches of raisin bread.  I use 1/2 of my grandparents Bread recipe as the base for each loaf, then mixed it in the bread machine and baked in the oven.  I double the sugar and add heaping 1/2 cuts of chopped raisins and walnuts and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.  Raisin bread is delicious toasted either for breakfast or dessert.

We had some Texas gulf shrimp in our freezer that our son brought back from vacation.  I don't cook shrimp very often but when I do, I usually boil them and this time I decided to fry it for a change.  I used this Recipe for Crunchy Fried Shrimp from All Recipes.com.  The fried shrimp were perfect and I think this method would work for just about fried anything.
Two grandsons spent the night with us and had this fried shrimp.  This morning when the oldest one woke up, he told me he really liked  last nights supper.  His little brother, though, only ate the crunchy breading and left bare shrimp on his plate.



Grandsons having fun in the snow.  

Our snow is pretty and fluffy and a nuisance for driving.  Thankfully it is not as heavy or last lasting as the snow the north is having. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm in North Texas (between Dallas and Fort Worth) and we have been getting this wonderful snow too. I Love it, but then we don't get it very often. I might not like it so much if we got it all the time. I've been doing like you, staying home where it's safe and warm and doing lots of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, it's nice to meet you. I am familiar with the area you live. I grew up near Texarkana and we often visited family in Coppell and Ft Worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have any snow here at all which is very unusual. And we have warm weather at +16C. I'm loving our winter this year. The last two years we've had lots of snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐