If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 6- June 11

Hello everyone, 
I had this unrealistic idea that I would blog everyday in June.  Obviously that didn't happen.  But here's what I've been up to.  

I took a supper to share with my parents at their retirement apartment.  My daughter's family also ate this meal. 
I baked a loaf of bread and some sandwich buns- and remembered to put yeast in both batches 😄
The entree was chicken salad.  I boiled and shredded one whole chicken. 
The small batch is just chicken and mayo. 
The big batch is chicken, mayo, toasted pecans, red grapes, craisins and a little celery.  It was so good!  I will be making this again.  And soon! 
There were also some grape halves and quartered tiny heirloom tomatoes to eat with the sandwiches.  


I made a big batch of chili- mostly for the freezer.  We like chili here year round though I've heard lots of people say they don't eat soup or chili in the summer.  We do both! 

My daughter found out about a small blackberry farm near us and has bought beautiful berries there twice.  
The berries are just huge, so good and have very few seeds.  
I put most of ours in the freezer for cobblers.  
We also ate plenty just fresh.
Granddaughter Elizabeth found a blackberry shaped like a heart ❤️

Huge Blackberries!  That's one berry by a regular teaspoon.  
We hope to get more in a week or so when a different variety is ready to pick.m 



As usual, I do my manicures with Impress press on nails.  I especially like this polka dot- glitter- orange combo.  


There's been a little jewelry making going on.  I have a lot of beads- passed to me when my mom downsized here crafting supplies.  
I made these 2 with Pinterest tutorials.
My son and grandson enjoy making rubber band bracelets.  

Sewing- I hemmed some suits pants for my son- but no photo. 

This stuffed cat had a tail problem- I suspect it had been swung around by its tail 😱 and was barely still attached.  
I sewed it back on - extra securely.  I also sewed up 8 cloth napkins.

Our neighborhood had its annual yard sale today.  We didn't sell anything but we did set out some discards by our front curb with FREE signs taped to them.  Everything was gone within in an hour 😄
That was easy. 

My grandson and I shopped at a few of the yard sales but nothing much interested us. We did see lots of good deals though.  I have been decluttering and organizing for several months and I just didn't see any bargains I wanted to let occupy our straightened up spaces.  
We did spend a quarter- grandson bought one of those old fashioned wood paddle toys with a rubber ball on a bouncy string.  

My husband has been gone for almost 2 weeks helping his parents after his mother needed surgery for a fall and his father came down with a bad cold.  Both are recovering and my husband returned safely home this morning.  🏡

So, that's what I've been up to!  I hope all of you are fine and getting lots done.  

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry! That chicken salad looks so good. We like chili year-round here too. Especially good when it's made with all fresh ingredients from the garden. Love the polka dot nails!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blackberries look so good.. I have never seen one so big..
    We too, eat chili and soup year round. MY daughter said, she and her family NEVER eat soup..it was too hot..ha
    the chicken salad sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made chicken salad too -your add ins sound delicious! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks delicious and I'm sure your parents appreciated the luncheon. You've given me an idea for what to do with the grapes I bought. I can only eat a few grapes for health reasons and I didn't want the rest to go bad. I love blackberries too and yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bracelets, what (how ) did you make the red, white, blue bracelet? What keeps all the beads from sliding together? thanks, barbara (in Tennessee)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandchildren are so adorable. What fun at the water park! Bet you all napped, too. Chicken salad yum! When serving it on lettuce, I use equal mayo & sour cream. Sometimes with a dash of curry. And always grapes, too. D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐