If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

An assortment

Good morning,  
Here is the list I started Monday.  I'm happy to say a good bit of it was accomplished yesterday. 
My Impress press on nails are a silver glitter sort of French manicure style.  

This giant crocheted afghan was made by grandmother for my uncle's king size bed.  He apparently didn't use it much as it still looks brand new.  He passed it on to us as he just downsized from a 2bedroom to a 1 bedroom apartment in his retirement home.
We (meaning our 8 grands) will use it a lot! These 4 and 8 year olds look so tiny on this huge blanket.




I made another sandwich box for the week.  I added carrot and celery sticks to eat with this one. 
I also made a big salad and I chopped up more fresh veggies to have for this weeks cooking.  
They have already proved to be very handy. 


They are stacked  in the fridge and labeled with masking tape. 



I hope to make a new spring table runner, maybe machine quilted, for the big dining table.  I did round up fabric and pressed it in preparation before cutting it out.  I think I want to look and see if I have some light green fabric to add with this.

The kimono sewing has been started but is going to need some help 
Obvioulsy, the sleeves came out way too long and the middle part is too big. 
I'll do some whacking and more sewing and see how it ends up,  right now, I'm not too optimistic I'll like the finished kimono.  



We shopped on the military base recently.  Our daughter asked us to look for church dresses for our oldest granddaughter as they usually have a very nice clothing department with low prices.  
We did buy her 2 sweet dresses.  
This dress below was not one we bought.  I did look at it and first thought it was pretty and very appropriate for an almost 7 year old- except for the belly cut away part.  Isn't it strange for such a conservative looking dress to feature a bare tummy? 

This webpage is from Belk, I found it while doing Swagbucks searches. But it is the same Bonnie Jean dress we saw at the base exchange.  


Speaking of dresses, my daughter baked this one for some friends bridal shower, 


Pr

Isn't it pretty?  And I know it tasted better than a bought cake. 



If you wonder what life is like with a baby and a toddler 😱 Well, this is our son's two babies.
Charlie is quite proud of herself for coloring up a good part of her body.
At least she didn't color baby RJ.  He seems to of slept through her escapades.  For now anyway 😂

26 comments:

  1. I love your idea of having lunch fixings all ready in the refrigerator for the week. And the cupcake cake is another awesome (and pretty!) idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put cuffs in the kimono robe and belt it, then it will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure shorten the sleeeves and I may curve the front hem too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rhonda! That's one big afghan! Must have taken forever to crochet. Had to laugh at Charlie's antics. Remember those days well. I just saw a clip on YouTube that it's trendy right now to take those kimonos and make a casing through the back at waist height and draw a ribbon through that to gather the back. Love your Easter tree.

    HUgs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I like that idea about the back casing, I'll look into that.
      We really enjoy the Easter tree too, especially the littlest family members.

      Delete
  4. My oldest niece loved to use markers. Generally on her little sister. We left my nieces with my dad one afternoon while us girls went shopping. We returned to find big sister had turned little sister into a kitty cat. She did a bang up job and we laughed and laughed until we realized she had used a Sharpie. Can't leave Grandpa in charge! :)

    Little girl clothing leaves me shaking my head often. As they get older finding appropriate clothing is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Sharpie would be terrible, especially on her face. Poor Grandpa probably never lived that one down.
      Charlie did at least use a child marker.
      I still think that dress is so strange. It's not usual for girls to wear clothes with cut outs, but the girls that do that don't usually go for plain, conservative clothes like that dress.

      Delete
  5. That cupcake dress is beautiful! She could start a business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has thought of baking as a business but our state has laws against reselling home baking. So for now, she works in a library and bakes for her family and friends only.

      Delete
  6. Oh my Mrs. Rhonda ... I laughed out loud when I saw the photo of your granddaughter's "art work". Oh, I remember those days.
    Your daughter's cupcake wedding dress is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing with us today.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. B. I agree that photo does bring out smiles. I'm not sure what is funnier, how proud Charlie is her artwork or that RJ is sleeping through it.
      I made your cookie recipe today and husband and I both liked them so much! I'll blog about that later. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I know those kids will love that huge afghan. With that pattern I can already think of some ways they can use their imagination for fun on it.
    I also love the little bunny/spring fabric for your table runner. We will need a picture when it is finished. The cupcake 'dress' is very nice. It is an easier way for a novice to decorate a special cake. Children's clothes -- all seem to aim toward making them seem older and sexier. Otherwise that dress is really cute. A person could put a fabric insert in there to cover. The kimono - I also thought about a sash as Japanese women have their obi, and shorten the sleeves. Not a big deal. You can also sew them smaller, including the side seam. I have made tucks or pleats in the shoulder seam to bring the top of the sleeve. I just top stitched over the pleats and it looks like it was meant to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorita, I also think the boys might use the afghan as a car track with lanes.
      I finished cutting out the table runner and am ready to start sewing it, maybe Friday. I will post photos too.

      Delete
  8. That cupcake cake is awesome. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Chrissy, I think her cakes are wonderful too ❤

      Delete
  9. My husband's niece is always about the dresses available these days for little girls. I think the best answer is making them. It looks like all the new tops for Spring for women have the shoulder bare, ugh.

    I cannot imagine crocheting something so huge! What a fun blanket! The cake is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, I have noticed the style for spring is the bare shoulder. I don't really care for it. Kind of looks like a cartoon pirates girlfriend to me

      I don't know Grandma crocheted and wrangles this giant afghan. She had to of been past 80, maybe 90 when she made it.
      Gavin had to help me just fold it.

      Delete
  10. Great pics, but now I want cake!! With lots of buttercream frosting!
    The littles are adorable. Have you seen the commercial where the daughter draws whiskers & such on dad's face while he's napping?
    Also, I think we have a crocheted afghan that might be near that big. My husband is 6'9" and my mom made him one so his feet wouldn't poke out and he could get a good snuggle under it.

    Great idea with the lunches. I generally make dinner large enough to cover lunches. Since there's just the two of us, it works out that way.

    Good luck with your kimono. I'm working on increasing my sewing skills right now and am planning to make a summer skirt....we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby, no, I haven't seen that tv ad but it sounds cute.
      Thank your for the compliments ❤️

      Delete
  11. Coloring one's self is a rite of passage I think. I have yet to see a toddler with markers who didn't. Having a picture of it is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie did a very thorough job with her coloring and it was a kid marker, not permanent,

      Delete
  12. We have to keep a close eye on Layla when there are markers available. She, too, likes to decorate herself with them. Over the weekend while I was at work, she found a pink highlighter and went to town on her arms. For Christmas, she got some of those "magic" markers that only work on special paper. It was hilarious to watch her try to color herself and nothing showed up, but when she marked the paper, it did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I love that cake and so easy to make =I'll have to remember it. I don't like to do difficult cakes anymore -makes me so nervous that I will mess up. That's a huge afghan. It must have taken her awhile to finish it. Kind of neat to have one fit a big bed. Have a good day Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those antics with the markers brings back wonderful memories of when my sons were young. :-)

    The bridal shower cupcake creation is ingenious! I am going to steal it. Thanks.

    I hope you have a wonderful week Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    After all I will be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐