If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, June 12, 2017

organized craft room

It's not a cute craft room yet, and its not Pinterest worthy,   but it is clean and organized.  And I am so happy I had time to get this job done.  Decorating will come later. 
This is my Necchi sewing machine and this desk that belonged to my husband's grandparents suits me just fine to sew on.  The drawers are nice storage and the desktop is enough sewing area for most things I sew. 
Rubber stamps on the wall,  a work table for paper crafts and the bookshelf has baskets of glitter, markers, ink pads, craft scissors, etc:
On the top shelf is a Cricut machine for paper cutting. 
This cubby was in the closet but it was hard to see in so I moved it out and added sorted fabric in each cubby.  On the top is fabric that I have projects in mind to make first.
Roll wrap is in the crock and the container on the right is full of old white towels that I plan to cut up and hem for rags. 
these shelves all got sorted.  Fabric is on 4 shelves. 
Perler beads are on one shelf,  Beads and jewelry making things have a shelf
One shelf holds 2 baskets of glues, tapes and all adhesives
Also sewing notions,  plastic canvas and yarn,  supplies for kid crafting,  more quilt scraps, batting, ribbon and some patterns-


Before- the closet was a disaster but not anymore! 

I hung up the ironing supplies in their rack on one door. 
Scrapbook paper and such is on one big shelf.
On the floor is a box of fall craft supplies and a box full of gift bags and tissue paper.
That red basket is empty
The tubs on the floor- one is gifts, one is unfinished quilt tops and squares my mom made or my dad found at yard sales,  one tub is solid colored fabrics and 2 tubs are small fabric scraps.
The folded clothes and clothes on hangers need ironed. 
The storage cubes on the middle shelf hold vintage sheets,  plaid fabric, etc:


And this is the desk that holds the PC, printer, routers, shredder and tall that kind of stuff. 

So, that's my craft/sewing room.  I still want to label the containers, shampoo the carpet and do a little decorating and that will happen soon. 
For now,  I am thrilled this room is useable again. 

I've been thinking about how to fix this room for months and have browsed both online and in stores for more containers and shelving units.  But as I got to working in here today,  I discovered I already had more that enough things on hand to organize this room. 
Doing it all for free is a happy bonus. 

Yes,  I know I have a lot of "stuff" 
But I truly bought very little of at retail price. 
Some is from yard sales and thrift stores. 
Some is from my daughter and the majority of it is from my parents when they downsized to move to their retirement home.  

Thanks for visiting

22 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful room!
    Enjoyed your post!
    I need to arrange and cull out many supplies of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. It always feels great to not only clear clutter but make spaces usable again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! Now you can let the creativity begin again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me now get over here and do mine please:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I have a room like that I need to tackle. The motivation to start the project is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the room Rhonda! I'd love to have one like this someday....more for my scrapbooking/card making/planner supplies though since I can't sew a single stitch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Don't you love having a room where you can close the door on projects and go back later without having to pull everything out again! My sewing room was a bedroom before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your space. It looks awesome. Have fun and enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your creative space!!!!
    And Pinterest rooms?
    Not practical.
    Your space is cozy and inviting.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Everything looks organized and functional.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean and organized is fantastic! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is definitely Pinterest worthy! Gorgeous and so organized! I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your sewing machine desk! I'm going to start hunting estate sales for one. I have one of those 4 ft. tables, but it sorta bounces when I sew and it makes me crazy! Plus, all that storage would be heavenly!

    Everything looks great!! Enjoy!

    My tip for keeping it clean that I used to follow faithfully...note I said "used to", which is why my room is a huuuuuuge mess now. I always kept a basket next to where I was working to put things into that I was done with. Like punches, stamps, paper scraps, paint bottles, whatever. Then, I quit working about 10 minutes before I needed to and walked around putting those things back where they belonged. It made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, I've tried sewing on a portable table and mine bounced around too.
      This desk works perfect for me. I hope you find something that works for you.m

      Delete
  14. Your room is looking great! It would be wonderful to be able to find and use all your craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! A great space to get creative. Just one question: do you have to keep the door locked when the littlest grands are around? Just asking, because I do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, no I don't lock it but I do keep the door closed. And all the grands know this room is off limits unless I have invited them in.

      Delete
  16. Looks fabulous Rhonda! You worked really hard. I bet you were plenty pooped out afterward but very happy with the results. You will really enjoy working on projects in here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks extremely good to me and I am spying all your rubber stamps! Have a lovely weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks neat and tidy. I love it! Bonus...for doing it for free.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐