If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2- More Christmas things

There were 17 family members visiting today, 19 total counting me and my husband.  
The grands like to craft so we did 2 craft projects. 
One was painting wood ornaments from a kit that I bought on clearance after Christmas 2016.  

Serious painting going on..........



Great grandpa Richard with his namesake baby Richard James or RJ,  didn’t paint but they had fun being outside.  

The finished ornaments- a few by adults, others by 2, 4, 5 and 7 year olds.  


The other craft was inspired by Pinterest and craft supplies I had on hand.  I used wood popsicle stick, with 3 held together with hot glue.  Then I spray painted them silver. My first plan was to paint them white but I had silver paint on hand so silver is what I used.  I did this before kiddos arrived.  

The kiddos used white school glue, glitter and sequins to decorate them.  
I’m so glad it was warm and only a very light breeze blowing.  We did all the crafting outdoors so the glue, paint and glitter mess stayed outside.  


No photos, but lunch was chili in the big crockpot with corn chips, crackers, cheese and sour cream for toppings,  a fresh fruit tray and some raw veggies with dip.  Dessert was cookies made with a hello cake mix and mini M&Ms and brownies made from a Berry Crocker mix.  


After lunch,  I took a nap with this 2 year old cutie. ❤️ she is the easiest napped of all 8 grands.  



My daughter said the photos I posted yesterday left her a bit confused so here is a full length photo of the dining table.  


Merry Christmas again everyone.  
I may post more but it may be after Christmas.  Who Knows?  I’ll just play it by ear.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. This is what beautiful memories are made of. Have a wonderful Christmas season. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the photos in the previous post were beautiful. That is a great table above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times and precious memories. WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always know just how to keep the grands busy- they painted so nice! have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are creating sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time!! Memories that will last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little Christmas crafts, Rhonda. Those grandbabies are getting so big! Your white tree is beautiful. I have a set of the Campbell's Christmas ornaments, I collected over the years. I don't remember how many I have, but I had to stop buying them because I didn't have the room to store them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is lovely! What blessings! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great crafts for kids. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful for you! Your day sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had so much fun! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐