If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday list and our family Christmas party

Good morning everyone,  
I’m feeling the need to get back to my organized habits so I made a pretty to do list for this week.  
As always,  it’s just notebook paper on a clipboard, decorated with rubber stamps.  It hangs in my kitchen where it’s easy to keep track of and check off tasks as they get done.  



For several reasons,  we were finally able to celebrate Christmas with our family party.  It was in our home Friday night, 15 adults and 8 children. 
To make it easier,  we tried having the meal catered.  I ordered it from Chipotle and it turned out to be a great decision.  I selected a meal for 20, which is the smallest size meal they cater, and I upgraded it to 3 meats instead of the standard 2.  
It included everything we needed- rice, beans, meats, chips, tortillas and shells, so many toppings along with the warming stands, utensils, bowls,  instructions.....they even included matches for the Sterno heaters.  




The food was all delicious.  
Clean up was easy and there were a few leftovers that we enjoyed for the next few days.  

Yes it was more expensive to have takeout than scratch cooking but for the price, it was worth it to us to be able to enjoy our family party instead of being busy and tired with cooking.  We won’t do it every family meal but for big events like this,  we will have catering again.  





It was busy, fun party and I took only a very few photos.  
Here are our 3youngest grands enjoying the fresh fruit tray that my brother and his girlfriend brought.   

RJ is 1,  Charlie and Jackson are 2.  

Eating fruit is fun, especially when you have a fork in each hand like Charlie or get to use the tongs like Jackson.  



14 comments:

  1. Rhonda, my son just loves Chipotle. He could eat it everyday, their food is very healthy and tasty to boot. It looks as though you had a wonderful time and your grand babies are adorable. I now do a list myself thanks to you and they really are very helpful. We're moving out of state at the end of the year and I've made a moving list which is keeping me on top of things. Many blessings for the New Year, Patti Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Rhonda! I love that you had this meal catered so that you could enjoy it and spend time with your family. I will bet is was delicious. The little ones at the fruit platter doesn't surprise me. That is where my grandchildren would be. The kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of yummy food and wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you doing something to make your time easier and more enjoyable! I was very tired at Christmas; we bought take and bake pizzas from Papa Murphy's and then I made wings in the Instant Pot while the pizzas baked. We also had cheeseball(made a couple days ahead) and crackers and some Christmas goodies. It was so laid back and I didn't spend all day in the kitchen which was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy! We have recently gotten a Chipolte not too far from us- I may look into it for catering. Looks like a great time with your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandkids are just adorable! I am glad you decided to have your family gathering catered so you could just relax and enjoy being together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to open your home up to such a big group - you have the biggest heart! I'm glad you had the meal catered so that you could focus on your family and actually enjoying the time instead of exhausting yourself cooking for all those people. Your grands sure are cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes catering is just the right thing to do. The food looks delicious! The grandkids are in awe and they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think catering the meal was a brilliant idea. You need to enjoy the event too! When we have lots of family around they are staying here too. So I can enjoy the time with them we do several meals either take out (not officially catered) plus one meal is always a huge pan of pastitsio I buy frozen every year at our local Greek Food Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to cater your Christmas dinner. We did that one year , buying a meal from a local seafood restaurant. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to choose to enjoy your family party and bring in the delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Chipotle! Probably a good thing the nearest one is 50 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks delicious, I love your to do list the stamps make it so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐